Wow! Just Wow! Everything at the LUX Grand Gaube was lovely. Room. People. Food. Service was excellent. It was a special trip for us. Special birthdays. They even marked those for us both. Very attentive and could not do enough for us.Nigel from Wakefield, checked in Sun 18 Feb 2024
- 2 swimming pools
- Adult-only area
- Kids’ club
- Relaxing spa
About LUX* Grand Gaube
The LUX* Grand Gaube is a modern, 5-star hotel, situated on the north coast of Mauritius. The resort is surrounded by perfectly groomed tropical gardens and a crystal-clear lagoon. The resort also boasts access to 2 pristine sandy beaches and 2 swimming pools- one just for the grown-ups. LUX* Grand Gaube is a family-friendly property with superb facilities to keep all ages entertained, but there is also an adult-only area offering a secluded, peaceful escape.
The resort has a retro-chic vibe, with contemporary décor by interior designer Kelly Hoppen. All rooms and suites are sea facing, offering picturesque views of the Indian Ocean. Foodies will be in their element with 6 restaurants to choose from. Turkish dishes, Creole cuisine, Peruvian cuisine and Mediterranean tapas are all on the menu. There’s even an on-site burger shack. For something active, try out the hotel’s exciting water sports. When you’re ready to unwind, the luxurious spa is the perfect place to go.
Who is it Great for?
Visitors recommend this hotel for families because of the wide range of fun activities available. Visitors also recommend this hotel for couples due to the adult-only area and wide choice of bars and restaurants.
At a Glance
- Access to 2 beaches
- 14km from Grand Baie
- 30km from Port Louis
- 72km from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport
Pool and Leisure
- 2 swimming pools- one for adults only and one heated in winter months
- LUX* Me Spa- with 3 small pools, sauna & steam room
- Mind, Body, Soul Studio
- LUX* Fitness- gym with Technogym equipment
- Paddle Tennis and 4 floodlit tennis courts
- Play Kids’ Club
- Teens Club
Restaurant and Bars
- 6 restaurants
- 7 bars
- Coffee bar
- Ice cream station
- Evening entertainment featuring Mauritian artists
- Junk Art Gallery
- Wanderlust Library
- Complimentary water sports include kayaking, glass-bottom boat trips, snorkelling and water skiing
- Water sports that incur an extra charge include speedboat rides, scuba diving and kite surfing*
- Some facilities available for disabled guests
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour reception
- LUX* Boutique
- LUX* Me Barber services
- Hair Salon by Kerastase*
- Helicopter flights*
- 24-hour in-room dining*
- Photography studio*
- Laundry service*
Local Area and Things to Do
When you’re not spending your time relaxing by the pool or sinking your toes into the sand at the beach, make the most of the wide range of action-packed activities on offer. Water sports like snorkelling, kayaking and kitesurfing are all popular choices at this resort. In the evening, enjoy live entertainment or watch a movie screening at the hotel’s cinema. There are lots of surprises waiting to be discovered too. Look out for a ‘message in a bottle’ each day as several will be hidden throughout the resort. These contain special treats and gifts. For something truly unforgettable, you can book a helicopter flight and take to the skies, soaring high above key landmarks.
Food and Drink
- The Palm Court- the hotel’s main restaurant has a tropical setting with ocean views. There are live cooking stations, a teppanyaki table, Mediterranean tapas bar, bakery, dessert bar and much more.
- Beach Rouge Restaurant & Bar- set on the beachfront, this relaxed area boasts Indian Ocean views. Seafood, sirloin, pizzas and cocktails are on the menu and at night music is provided by a DJ.
- Inti Restaurant & Bar- a colourful Peruvian-Argentinian à la carte restaurant with an open-grill kitchen and a dedicated pastry station. There is also a Pisco bar.
- Bodrum Blue Restaurant & Bar- savour traditional Turkish cuisine in a restaurant that’s set on its own mini peninsula. The lounge area is a great place to unwind with a drink.
- Creole Smokehouse- an à la carte eatery in the adult-only area serving authentic dishes cooked over wood and charcoal.
- BB’s- a burger shack in the adult-only area specialising in flame-grilled burgers. One side of the shack caters to families too.
- The G&T 100 Club- an inventive gin bar set by the lagoon’s edge, with offerings from all over the world.
- Rum Treehouse- a cabana featuring more than 80 different types of rum in the adult-only area.
- French Kiss Bar- enjoy refreshing drinks served from a quirky, restored classic Citroen H van. Located in the adult-only area.
- The Palm Court Bar- take in the stunning sea view as you sip on expertly created cocktails.
- Café Lux*- sip on a range of coffees that have been roasted on-site. Frozen coffees are great for cooling down.
- ICI- the place to go for homemade ice cream served in waffle cones.
- Free Wi-Fi
- 186 rooms
Overview of Rooms
There are a wide variety of elegant rooms to choose from at LUX* Grand Gaube including adult-only accommodation. All rooms face the dazzling Indian Ocean and feature free Wi-Fi, an LED TV and either a furnished balcony or terrace. Superior and Deluxe Rooms offer a comfortable stay, while Junior Suites provide more space. Ocean Junior Suites are designed for couples and have a spacious balcony with an outdoor bathtub.
Family Suites are a great choice for small families or groups. These suites feature a walk-in dressing room and 2 bathrooms. Ocean Villas and the LUX* Villa are the most luxurious room types, with private pools and butler service.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.