Brilliant hotel and generally wonderful staff. I will definitely return. Two exceptions unfortunately: 1. Reception - a poor checkin experience 2. Breakfast room very, very busy. They could do with a second area.Craig from 39 Elm Grove, Barnham, checked in Fri 26 Jan 2024
- Private beachfront location
- 6 swimming pools with kids slide
- Luxury spa
- Kids’ club
About Sofitel Dubai The Palm
The Sofitel Dubai the Palm Resort & Spa Hotel is a luxurious 5 star hotel on the internationally recognised Palm Jumeirah, one of the artificial islands in Dubai shaped like a palm tree. The hotel sits on the waterfront, boasting a private beach with 500 meters of pristine white sands, sun loungers, parasols and private couples’ cabanas.
The hotel has extensive landscaped grounds surrounding the pool terraces and fronting the private beach. The buildings take their inspiration from traditional Polynesian architecture to blend in sympathetic style with the palm trees and bougainvillea. The hotel interiors feature exotic woods and natural stone, adding a French flair to the Polynesian design. With private balconies, guests have an uninterrupted view across the Arabian Gulf or the skyline of Dubai and the waterfront location brings the gentle sound of lapping waves.
Who is it Great for?
Visitors to the hotel have said it is family friendly but also recommended for couples and friends. They note that there is such a wide range of facilities that travellers of all kinds can find the amenities they want.
At a Glance
- 40 km from Dubai airport
- Beachfront location
- 27 km from downtown Dubai
Pool and Leisure
- 6 swimming pools
- Kids’ pool with waterslide
- Private beach
- Private beachfront cabanas (surcharge)
- Luxury spa with steam room, Hamman and massage
- Watersports including snorkelling and paddle boarding
- Fitness centre with gym
- 2 tennis courts
- 1 multipurpose court
Restaurant and Bars
- 5 à la carte restaurants
- Buffet restaurant
- 8 lounges and bars
- 24-hour room service
- Kids’ club
- Kids’ cinema
- Gaming zone
- Disabled access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Babysitting services available (surcharge)
- Business centre
- Dry cleaning and laundry services
- Conference centre and meeting rooms
- Shuttle bus
- Valet parking
Local Area and Things to Do
The hotel has a complimentary shuttle bus into Dubai to see all that the city has offer. Visit the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, and the nearby Dubai Mall which is the largest shopping mall in the world and contains over 1,200 shops and an indoor ski slope.
Even more exotic and adventurous activities await with desert safaris, either in four wheel drive vehicles or on camel back, or treat yourself to the experience of the authentic Dubai souks, five traditional marketplaces rich in the Arabic trading culture.
Food and Drink
- Manava restaurant serves a range of international cuisines in a buffet style.
- Porterhouse Steaks is the hotel’s signature steakhouse.
- The chefs at Hong Loong serve traditional Chinese cuisine with a contemporary twist.
- Moana is in a poolside pagoda and serves an Asian-inspired seafood menu.
- The World Eatery takes inspiration from international cuisines for its à la carte menu.
- Maui Beach is the poolside restaurant serving a range of snacks and an Indian dinner menu.
- Eight lounges and bars positioned around the hotel, all providing a range of alcoholic beverages and soft drinks.
- 360 deluxe rooms
- 182 serviced apartments
- Free Wi-Fi
Overview of Rooms
Luxury Rooms and Junior Suites provide 44 and 60 sq. m of space respectively, with either twin beds or a king bed. Both room types have either sea or Palm Island views from their private balconies. The suites have one, two or four bedrooms. Apartments are ideal for families being one, two or three bedrooms, with a separate living room and a full kitchen. The villas are the ultimate in luxury, with three and four bedrooms, a private pool and dedicated butler.
All accommodation is equipped to 5 star level, including luxury bathrooms, entertainment, bar, telephone and Wi-Fi.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare