We always stay self catering in an apartment…plenty of room, clean and everything you need to cook a meal or prepare a snack, drinks…home away from home. Fantastic place to stayFiona from Aylesbury, checked in Thu 19 Oct 2023
- Beachfront location
- Free Wi-Fi
- Five bars/restaurants
The traditional and colourful Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort and Spa Hotel is a 5 star resort on Portugal’s Algarve, located right on the seafront in Albufeira. Enjoy views out across the Atlantic Ocean from the comfortable terrace, the hotel’s restaurant, the pool area and perhaps even from your room. And speaking of pools, there’s not just one on site, but four outside pools to choose from, surrounded by sun loungers and green, landscaped gardens.
The hotel’s spa is a haven of relaxation and includes a wide range of therapies and treatments as well as facilities such as relaxation areas, a sauna, Turkish bath and gym area. There are also a number of restaurants to choose from at the hotel, whether you’re in the mood for a burger or freshly caught seafood.
WHO IS IT GREAT FOR?
Families who have visited the Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort and Spa Hotel recommend it for its daily kids’ club activities and proximity to the beach. Couples who have visited like the location, choice of restaurants and spa. The pool area is popular with all guests.
AT A GLANCE
- 20 m from Santa Eulalia Beach
- 40 km from Faro Airport
- 6 km from Albufeira’s old town
Pools and leisure
- 4 outdoor pools
- Kids’ pool
- Spa (extra charge)
- Turkish bath (extra charge)
- Sauna (extra charge)
- Hot tub (extra charge)
- Children’s playground
- Tennis court (extra charge)
- Games room
Restaurants and bars
- 4 restaurants
- Club disco
- Kids’ club
- Disabled access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- Car hire
- 24-hour reception
- Laundry service (extra charge)
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
Albufeira sits snugly on Portugal’s southern coast, a former fishing village with sandy beaches, warm weather and family friendly restaurants. The modern marina is just over four km away, and from here you can join a number of sea excursions such as dolphin-spotting trips and scuba diving adventures. Balaia Golf Resort is only one km or so up the road and provides top class golfing facilities.
Albufeira’s whitewashed old town is where you’ll find a number of al fresco eateries and boutique shops. The main strip of bars and nightclubs is just a short walk away from the Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort and Spa Hotel, as is the town’s shopping centre.
FOOD AND DRINK
- The Real Cozinha Restaurant is a buffet restaurant during the summer and during the winter it acts as an à la carte restaurant. Enjoy a range of Mediterranean and international dishes served up alongside sea views.
- Santa Eulalia restaurant is à la carte and open for diner over the summer period. Here you can sample fresh seafood all sourced from the Algarve coast.
- Pergula is the Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort and Spa Hotel’s gourmet burger house. With an à la carte menu, it’s open for dinner daily and reservations are required.
- Atlántico restaurant-bar offers a menu of light bites throughout the day.
- Le club disco is the place to be for party tunes and a well-stocked bar. Opening hours run from midnight until the early hours.
- Real bar overlooks Santa Eulalia Bay, serving up light snacks and drinks throughout the day and night. There is also an extensive cocktail menu.
- 344 rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
OVERVIEW OF ROOMS
Standard rooms at the Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort and Spa Hotel offer 28 m2 of space and come with free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, a private balcony with furniture, an en-suite bathroom with a shower, television, hairdryer, telephone, radio, personalised mini bar and safety deposit boxes. Most overlook the resort’s gardens but upgrades to sea views are available. Suites are larger, with the smallest measuring 54 m2. They feature separate sleeping and living areas and can be upgraded to have sea views. The grande real suites are each themed and come in at 90 m2 . Both come with a living area, dining area, large terrace boasting sea views and a kitchenette. There are 155 apartments at the Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort and Spa Hotel which measure between 41 and 76 m2. With built-in kitchenettes, they’re suitable for those looking for a self-catering option and can sleep between three and six people.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare