In 2022 we stayed at Sol Costa Dorada, which is better quality, and gives better first impression, but was slightly more expensive for 2023. This hotel was fine for a family holiday in August, and apartment was good size.Timothy from Chatham, checked in Sat 19 Aug 2023
- 3 outdoor swimming pools
- Extensive entertainment programme
- Adults only rooftop terrace
The high ceilings and open spaces of 4 star Dorada Palace Hotel in Salou, Spain enhance the elevated views from this attractive aparthotel. A welcoming home away from home on the Costa Dorada, the spacious accommodation and tranquil lounge areas encourage relaxation. The extensive daytime and evening entertainment programme and hotel facilities ensure that both adults and children are entertained during their stay. Centrally located between the promenade and town centre, the aparthotel is within walking distance of a variety of local amenities.
Guests are particularly fond of the sixth floor which is an adult only area. Here you will find a rooftop pool and Jacuzzi, with the surrounding terrace offering panoramic views of Salou and out to sea. There is also a gym and beauty salon where you can indulge in a range of treatments.
WHO IS IT GREAT FOR?
Visitors to Dorada Palace Hotel recommend it for families of all ages, friends and couples. Past guests say that the adults only area is a great place to relax while children are endlessly entertained by the animation team.
AT A GLANCE
- 11.4 km from Reus Airport
- 1 km from Llevant Beach
- 2.5 km from PortAventura theme park
Pool and Leisure
- 3 outdoor swimming pools including children’s swimming pool
- Adults only rooftop area
- Beauty salon
- Indoor and outdoor playground
- Games room
Restaurant and Bars
- Buffet restaurant
- Snack bar
- Daytime and evening entertainment
- Animation team
- Kids’ club
- Mini disco
- 24-hour reception
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tourist information and ticket sales
- Luggage room
- Laundry and ironing service
- Dry cleaning service
- Currency exchange
- Parking (surcharge)
LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
South of Dorada Palace Hotel is the long, sandy Llevant beach. Relax on the palm-lined shore or dive into the clear, blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea and gaze upon the marine life. For the adventurous, kayaking, canyoning and boat tours all run from Salou and offer unique scenic experiences. The lively promenade which follows the length of Passeig de Jaume I, offers a pleasant coastal walk. Here you will find many bars, restaurants and shops as well as the dancing fountain.
With over 40 rides, shows and live entertainment, PortAventura theme park is an extremely popular day out with adults and children. Discover a range of attractions within the park’s six themed worlds, just over two km away from the aparthotel.
FOOD AND DRINK
- The aparthotel’s spacious restaurant offers an international buffet with show cooking. It is open for breakfast (08:00 - 10:30), lunch (13:00 - 15:00) and dinner (19:00 - 22:00).
- The poolside snack bar has a large terrace where guests can enjoy refreshing drinks and light snacks from 10:00 until midnight.
- The aparthotel bar serves hot and cold drinks from 16:00 – 01:00. During the day, the bar is a tranquil place where you can read or watch TV.
- On the first floor of the aparthotel there are 24-hour vending machines filled with snacks and bottled drinks.
- 240 rooms
- 120 apartments
- 2 blocks
- Free Wi-Fi
OVERVIEW OF ROOMS
The bright, welcoming rooms of Dorada Palace Hotel are fitted with one double or two single beds and a sofa bed to increase occupancy. Superior room options feature a king-size bed, a hydro-massage bathtub and use of a bathrobe and slippers. All room options are air conditioned and include an LCD satellite TV, mini bar and furnished balcony or terrace.
Dorada Palace Hotel also offers apartments with a capacity of five people. The apartments have a separate sleeping area and open plan living space which includes a kitchen equipped with a fridge, hob and microwave.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.