Overall a really good stay, restaurants are very good, Worth upgrading to the Royal Elite package. The evening entertainment was a bit hit and miss but ok. The daily activities were good and the entertainments team were mostly excellent.Robert from Teddington, checked in Sun 23 Apr 2023
With views of the Atlantic Ocean to the south and a backdrop of mountains, the all inclusive Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort offers a tranquil retreat in the east of Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The 4 star hotel entwines traditional Spanish style with chic décor, channelling its unique design through its several onsite dining rooms, spacious accommodation and elevated terraces. With daytime activities and evening entertainment for children, teenagers and adults, there is an extensive programme to ensure the whole travel party is entertained.
Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort provides a complimentary shuttle bus which will take you into the centre of Playa Blanca where you can explore traditional markets and indulge at local eateries. Rubicon Marina, to the south of Playa Blanca, offers upmarket restaurants and bars where you can watch the sun set with a drink in hand.
Who Is It Great for?
Visitors to Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort recommend it for families and couples. The relaxed atmosphere of the hotel encourages guests to unwind to the sound of waves lapping at the shore, whilst children are entertained by the animation team.
At a Glance
- 31 km from Lanzarote Airport
- 5 km from Playa Blanca centre
- 2.5 km from Papagayo beaches
- Free shuttle bus to Playa Blanca
Pool and Leisure
- Outdoor swimming pools including children’s pool and adults only pool
- Tennis court
- Table tennis
- Mini golf
- Football court
- Inflatable slides (during the summer)
- Yoga classes
- Pilates classes
- Hydrotherapy circuit
Restaurant and Bars
- 4 restaurants
- 7 bars/cafes
- Animation team
- Daytime and evening entertainment programme
- Kids’ club
- Junior club
- Mini disco
- Air conditioning
- Free airport transfers
- Free shuttle bus to Playa Blanca centre
- Laundry service
Local Area and Things to Do
To the rear of the hotel there is direct access to a pebble beach. If you prefer to relax atop the sand, south east of the hotel is the famed golden shoreline of the Papagayo beaches. To the west is the popular Playa Blanca beach where kayaks can be hired and boat trips booked allowing you to enjoy the vistas of the coast whilst you spot dolphins.
Many visitors to the island choose to travel around by bicycle. There are rental shops within walking distance of the hotel where you can get information on local routes. For active travellers, there is a dormant volcano within Timanfaya National Park, the peak of which can be reached by an easy hike and offers panoramic views.
Food and Drink
- The hotel’s main restaurant serves a range of international buffet dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Venetto Pizzeria serves a range of pizza and pasta dishes for lunch and dinner.
- Fusion Restaurant is another of the hotel’s buffet restaurants, serving Asian cuisine and Tex-Mex dishes for dinner.
- Royal Elite Restaurant is open to guests staying on the Royal Elite package. International dishes are served for breakfast and dinner whilst guests enjoy views of the ocean.
- The hotel also has seven bars including Snack Grill Bar located near the main pool which offers light meals and snacks throughout the day. The Theatre Bar is the hotel’s evening entertainment venue.
- Room and suite options
Overview of Rooms
The air conditioned accommodation at Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort features a flat-screen satellite TV and furnished terrace or balcony as standard. The spacious rooms include two single beds and double sofa bed in the living area which can be extended to increase occupancy to four guests. Superior room options offer panoramic views, with family rooms sleeping up to five guests.
Royal Elite rooms include a range of additional amenities including access to lounges, branded toiletries and daily water replacement. Royal Elite suites have separate sleeping and living areas, which includes a dining space. They also boast sea views.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare