We love this hotel. We stayed 3 times and will be back. Fab entertainment at pool bar in afternoons. Staff so helpful. Hotel so clean and modern . Food is so much choice. Perfect locationJacqueline from Bootle, checked in Sat 01 Oct 2022
- Beachfront location
- Pool parties
- Free Wi-Fi
About Hotel Ocean House Costa Del Sol Affiliated By Melia
Situated on the Paseo Marítimo seafront promenade in Spain’s popular resort of Torremolinos, the 4 star Hotel Ocean House Costa Del Sol Affiliated By Melia (formerly Sol House Costa del Sol), is the ideal place to party by night and relax by day. There are four separate pools overlooking the sea as well as a performance area that can seat up to 200 people and a rooftop bar that serves refreshing drinks alongside impressive views.
There’s a gym on site for those not wanting to miss a workout and in the evenings there’s live music and DJ sets to look forward to. Each of the guest rooms is fresh and bright, with contemporary touches such as a flat-screen television and private balcony. When it comes to food, the vast buffet restaurant is unlikely to disappoint and for a more relaxed option, there’s an authentic taco and tequila food truck.
Who Is It Great for?
Couples and groups of friends recommend the Hotel Ocean House Costa Del Sol Affiliated By Melia because of its location to the beach, local nightlife and range of facilities on offer.
At a Glance
- Direct access to the beach
- 10 km from Malaga Airport
- 4 km from Aqualand Torremolinos
Pools and leisure
- 5 outdoor pools
- Fitness centre
- Water sports (extra charge)
Restaurants and bars
- Buffet restaurant
- Taco truck
- Rooftop bar
- Lobby bar
- Pool bar
- Snack bar
- Live evening shows
- Accessible rooms available on request
- Free Wi-Fi
- Luggage storage
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour reception
- Babysitting service (extra charge)
- Laundry service (extra charge)
- Air conditioning
Local Area and Things to Do
Carihuela Beach offers golden sand, sun loungers and water sports activities, all of which can be organised by the hotel. For something a little different, you could enjoy a horse riding experience along the water’s edge. The local marina is just down the road and here you’ll find a sea life centre which helps educate visitors on local marine life and regional conservation efforts. There’s also a shopping centre if you’re after a little retail therapy and a nearby museum that celebrates a variety of different art styles.
The local food and drink scene comprises a range of al fresco eateries and bars as well as a good selection of nightclubs and live music venues.
Food and Drink
- The Food Factory is Hotel Ocean House Costa Del Sol Affiliated By Melia's main buffet restaurant, open for breakfast lunch and dinner and serving seasonal produce across a range of local and international dishes. Enjoy views of the hotel’s pool complex and the sea as you dine.
- The Canalla Tacos & Tequila food truck offers up a range of tex-mex cuisine as well as beers and tequila to go with it.
- Sol Sets Rooftop Nine is at its best while the sun sets, there’s a rooftop pool and Balinese beds (extra charge) as well as a bar mixing up refreshing cocktails. Only adults staying in premium rooms have access.
- The lobby bar offers drinks with a beautiful view out to sea.
- Aloha Pool Bar is the place to go for light bites and drinks and boasts unimpeded beach views.
- Playbar offers Mediterranean snacks and a range of drinks served alongside a modern playlist of summer tunes.
- 350 rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
Overview of Rooms
House junior suites are on the ground floor and measure 28 m2. Each comes with twin beds and a sofa bed, a seating area, furnished terrace, en-suite bathroom with toiletries, a flat-screen television with satellite channels, a hairdryer, minibar and safety deposit box. House suites are slightly larger at 34 m2. Their loft-style design allows for a partition to be drawn across between sleeping and living areas. Upgrades to a sea or marina views are available. Xtra house party suites have a sea view as well as two separate spaces for sleeping and chilling out. They also come with an impressive sound system. House suites have sea and pool views with panoramic, floor to ceiling windows on two sides and a large terrace area.
Information based on previous season and could be subject to change.
Bar and restaurant opening times may vary based on the season.
Babysitting / Childcare